Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Outdoors -- broken alarm clock

It happens this time every year.
The robin who normally rouses me at 4:30 a.m. has stopped enforcing his turf.
So I sleep right through until 6 a.m.
Then I rouse a bit and look at the clock and whoops! 
Time to get up and post the blog!

The Carolina wrens are starting to use their "raspberry" call more often and soon they will be scolding in raspy tones.
The chickadees are staking out the area because they expect me to put up the feeder again in late autumn.
The catbird is back, now that the mockingbirds have taken their chicks off, and is guarding the pokeweed berries.
The goldfinch is eating the seeds from my chicory.
The cardinal should soon recover from his yearly molt and grow his crest back.

© Patricia Jo Heil, 2013-2018 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment