Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Garden -- harvest

Usually it would be too early to take out the tomatoes in August.
FYI, if they're in a sunny place, you can usually leave them up to October 12 to see if the fruit all colors up.
But this year it's been too wet and the fruit is rotting before it can color up completely.
And the leaves are all discolored.

So it's time to take the fruit off and put it in a paper bag with an apple.
Then it will ripen up.
I've already ripened some this way.
I made spaghetti sauce with them the other day.

And it's time to dig carrots and beets.

If I buy more compost I can plant a round of turnips, beets, and carrots that will be ready by Thanksgiving.

What do you think I should do?

© Patricia Jo Heil, 2013-2018 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment