Sunday, May 4, 2014

Outdoors -- after the storm

I believe my town got 6 inches of rain in 2 days last week.
That may not sound like much to some of you, but here, 2 inches of rain in 2 days is a lot.
Thursday morning there were peeks of blue sky from time to time.
I took my morning tea out onto the back porch to enjoy the warm air, now just moist instead of soggy wet.
A rabbit came to sample supplies in my neighbor's yard.
He's big and fat, probably from eating crocuses in somebody else's yard.
He ate, I sipped, and after a while he went away.
I closed the gate of the yard.  I think he's too fat to squeeze under it, and I think he's also too fat to use the slide the squirrels created.
And he looks too fat to jump onto the porch beside the hydrangeas, even if he figured out he could get onto the porch that way.
So I think my sprouting veggies are safe this week. 

© Patricia Jo Heil, 2013-2018 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment