Monday, March 10, 2014

Fair Isle -- pattern with sparkles

So here is the motif I'm using in my sleeveless pullover.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
X
 
 
 
X
 
 
 
X
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
X
X
X
X
 
 
 
 
X
X
 
 
X
X
 
 
X
X
 
 
 
 
X
X
 
X
X
 
 
 X
 
 
X
X
 
X
X
 
 
 
 
X
X
 
 
 
X
X
 
 
X
X
 
 
 
 
 
X
X
X
X
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The background is off white, the sparkles pale yellow, the middle row chocolate brown, and the rest of the diamond is shades of green. 

The pattern:
Cast on 280 stitches to circular needles, U.S. size 3, with a 24 inch tether, and join.
Work k2/p2 rib for 2 rows in background.
Work k2/p2 rib for 2 rows in chocolate
Work k2/p2 rib for 2 rows in background
Knit 1 round in background.
Start motif for 14 repeats.
On next motif you start to do what is called steeking and I will talk about that next week.  Steeking adds stitches at the armhole.  It lets you continue in the round through to the shoulders.  Then you cut it vertically before adding the sleeve.
In the case of my sleeveless jumper, I will turn it to the inside and tack it down for a facing.
Now that you know WHAT it is, I'll tell you how it works once I've done it. 
Which should be next week.

© Patricia Jo Heil, 2013-2018 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment