Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Garden -- sweet harvest

I went out to fill the bird bath and decided I'd better look at the snow pea vines again.
I was right.
I picked a quarter cup of snow peas.
I'm up to a pound of snow peas in less than a week.
The initial investment was about $2.75 and a little muscle work.
There are little pods that haven't grown long enough yet.
There are lots of blossoms that haven't turned into pods yet.
I foresee at least 2 more pounds of snow peas.
And the green pea pods are just starting to fill out.  Those were $1.99 for a packet.
Now you tell me where, even at a farmer's market, you can get this much food this cheap, and also get that exercise so many of us desperately need because we are obese (me too still).

Oh yeah, this is living well.

© Patricia Jo Heil, 2013-2018 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment