Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Outdoors -- early spring?

I made a crack in my last garden post about bird behavior and an early spring.
People are always trying to be smarter than everybody else this way.
All I'm saying is
the black-crested titmouse are whistling
the tufted titmouse are calling
my robin is prepping to defend his turf against the robin mobs soon to gather
the sparrows are chatting up a storm in the euonymus
the cardinals are chowing down, storing calories for nesting and brooding
I think I heard a Carolina chickadee
the Carolina wrens are showing up verbally.

Waiting to hear the song sparrows and white-throated sparrows.

It's still two weeks to Tu B'Shevat when the sap starts to rise.

But the birds are obviously ready.

© Patricia Jo Heil, 2013-2018 All Rights  Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment