Tuesday, October 28, 2014

DIY -- more clothing

You're saying, they don't make patterns in my size.
Two answers.
Vogue's Custom Fit patterns go up to size 22.
Vogue's Today's Fit patterns go up to hip size 57.
They are more than just mumus, there are some kicky dresses and tops, too.
That was just the first answer.

The second answer is you're going to die.
OK we're all going to die, but being too heavy for your height is an early death sentence.
I have struggled with my weight all my life and I'm finally having some success losing weight,
and it might help me live to see some Very Important People graduate college.
In the meantime I like the feeling that my pants aren't going to pop if I sit down a little fast.
When I hit my next target, which I think will happen by January,
I'll let you know.
For now, if you scream "fat discrimination," that's just an excuse not to do yourself some good.
Why don't you want to do something for yourself that is good?
That's what you have to figure out between now and January.
Rant over.

© Patricia Jo Heil, 2013-2018 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment