Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Outdoors -- still green

More odd July.  The grass is still green.
Not because I have a septic tank (old book title, google it).
Because we're still having regular rain.
So tomorrow on yet another day with comfortable temperatures and humidity (another weirdness for July and August) I'll have to mow the lawn.
The pokeweed berries aren't ripening either.  I guess I'm going to have to put out raisins or something and see if the mockingbirds and catbirds will eat them.
Otherwise they can't finish raising their chicks for this season.
Not that I'm complaining.  You can exercise and sleep in this weather and I still have at least 20 pounds I need to lose.  You need sleep and exercise to lose weight.
Contrary to what the stupid miracle food or miracle pill ads tell you.
Those are frauds by the way.
So it's a good year, if a little weird.


© Patricia Jo Heil, 2013-2018 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment