Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Outdoors -- I'm spoiling them

Today it was my robin. 

I was just thinking about what to post when I realized he was calling.

Demandingly.

He was sitting on my fence calling for his breakfast.
It wasn't the snow which was falling lightly.  Robins will sit out in the rain and snow -- like a Chinese poem I once read about a plum tree, bu pa yu, bu pa xue.


I laughed and shook my head, opened the door and threw out some chokeberries.

I was afraid to try and see him chow down because I might disturb him.  He's not THAT tame.

He also has a habit of sitting on my brick porch looking outward from the house, probably so he can detect and attack any other robins encroaching on his territory.

Two summers ago, this bird was sitting on the back porch keening after his parents made him understand it was time to leave the nest!

© Patricia Jo Heil, 2013-2018 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment