Wednesday, September 11, 2013

OB rant

Yeah I'm awake at 4 a.m. but it's not ordinary insomnia.
It's a cricket.
Charles Dickens was a moron.
A cricket in a tiny house like mine is a nightmare, literally.
I don't know why he's looking near my house.  No lady crickets in here.
But he sits outside my back storm door where the sound goes right up my stairs.
I went to bed early last night and I did get some sleep before he started up.  It was about midnight, I think.  Two pillows over the head don't help, especially as I have nightmares when my head is too warm at night.
So I got up to interfere with the cricket's looking for a wife.
I'm going to booby trap the back porch with boric acid tonight.   Let him feel cheery in a soup of water-molecule-ripping chemicals!

© Patricia Heil, 2013-2018 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment