Sunday, September 20, 2015

Outdoors -- scraps

Yeah, it's been a while, hasn't it?
Actually, there's good stuff going on.
Saw a couple of hummingbirds or the same one twice.
They like Rose of Sharon and I hope they're liking my morning glories.
Which now are almost done for the season.
Because it's been droughty and now it's going to turn cold at night.
On the positive side, the cool temps let me get out and walk the neighborhood.
Haven't done that in years.
I'm in good enough shape that I haven't felt sore the next day, either.
Started with one block -- our blocks are longer than normal.
Now I've graduated to a mile.
If I'm not sore Tuesday,
I'll add a block the day after Yom Kippur.
At one time I could do 5 miles and then everything went to hell.
But that's my goal -- to walk to the lake, around it, and back.
What's on YOUR bucket list?

© Patricia Jo Heil, 2013-2018 All Rights  Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment