Thursday, April 9, 2015

Bit at a Time Bible Hebrew -- Genesis 2:25

Genesis 2:25
 
כה וַיִּהְיוּ שְׁנֵיהֶם עֲרוּמִּים הָאָדָם וְאִשְׁתּוֹ וְלֹא יִתְבּשָׁשׁוּ:
 
Transliteration: va-yihyu shneihem arumim ha-adam v’-ishto v’-lo yitboshashu.
Translation:    The two of them were naked, the man and his wife, and they were not embarrassed.
Vocabulary in this lesson:
שְׁנֵיהֶם
 The two of them
עֲרוּמִּים
naked
לֹא
No, not
יִתְבּשָׁשׁוּ
Were embarrassed
 
From now on, I’m going to assume you know how to pronounce what you’re reading so I’m going to drop the transliteration.  I will also give a link to an oral reading of material so that you can check yourself.
 
So next lesson, I will give just the text from chapters 1 and 2, which you have just finished, and links to the mp3s that read them out loud.  I’ll do that whenever I finish a chapter, and also at the end of an aliyah.  I’m emphasizing the difference because you have already seen one example of how it changes perceptions of what the Bible means, back with the aliyah that ended with creation of Shabbat.
 
Also, when there isn’t a lot of vocabulary and I’m not giving the conjugation for a whole verb, I’ll give you more than one verse.  If you’ve been doing one lesson a week, it is now a year and a half since you started using these lessons.  If I were you I would be getting pretty impatient by now.  But I kept up with this one lesson/one verse in most places because everybody has a different skill at learning languages.
 
So I’m picking up the weekly pace, but that doesn’t mean you have to do a whole lesson every week.  If you’re stuck in a time crunch, just go to the page where all the languages are listed so that you don’t miss any.  And then take all the time you need.
 
Here’s the audio for chapter 2 of Genesis:
 
 

© Patricia Jo Heil, 2013-2018 All Rights  Reserved  

No comments:

Post a Comment