Sunday, August 12, 2018

I'm just saying -- another one-two-three-NOOOO

I know Flippity for Google has a bunch of bells and whistles but that doesn't matter when it doesn't WORK.

So I started three different worksheets with different things in them, saved, published, I checked out the cool Flippity flash cards using the link.

Then I added some stuff.

Things were never the same again.

Every time I tried to use them, there was a problems. Either I waited four hours without the save ever clearing, or it LOST MY DATA, or it didn't give me the link you need for seeing the flash cards.

After multiple complaints with no action, I deleted all my sheets.

Flippity doesn't necessarily support your browser. I'm tired of techies who try to dictate my architecture. You children need to get over it.

Flippity doesn't do images. Anki does but I couldn't get custom fonts and there's no standard audio.

There is a flash card add-in for Excel at Techwalla.  Do NOT go there.  It makes you use Comments. You have to type the Comments.

There is a free add-in for Excel at a different site. IT WORKS.  You can copy from an existing spreadsheet. You can export existing Anki cards as text, copy and paste into this one, and IT WORKS. You can copy tables from existing Word documents and paste into your flash card Excel and IT WORKS. You can customize the fonts.  It won't support graphics or audio, but it's easy to get data into and IT WORKS.

I even copied my Flippity cards into it and IT WORKS.

So Mr. Flippity, you haven't done your job and if you say "well what do you expect for free" I EXPECT THE DAMNED THING TO WORK without throwing attitude about what browser I'm using. Grow up.

I'm just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment