Friday, November 30, 2018

Fact-Checking the Torah -- withdrawal

If you're here because it's Friday, and you're looking for the Fact-Checking post, today's info is different.

Last week I posted my last item on Torah urban legends.

You can do a number of things at this point.

1.  If you jumped into the middle of this blog, you can start at the beginning.

2. If you want to study the source documents, you can go to the resource page.

3. If you want to read the material that I used to write the blog, you can go to the bibliography.

The only other thing I have for you is Narrating the Torah, which I have mentioned several times on the blog. Use the email at the top right of this page to get in touch if you are interested. If you are on mobile, go to the bottom of the page and click on "website version" and find the email at the top right.

Narrating is a commentary on the Biblical Hebrew source, with a translation that incorporates what I learned about Biblical Hebrew that is documented on the 21st Century Bible Hebrew thread. I am working on what I hope is the last overall edit and expect the page count to pass 1800 for just that portion.

I have tried to make it easier on you by having content guides and indexes, which take the page count very close to 2000.

I can let you have the introduction for free, as well as the summary of Biblical Hebrew grammar and Olrik's principles. But the rest of it, and the Afterword, I'll charge for. I'm working out the pricing structure now.

But you can avoid paying anything by learning Biblical Hebrew and studying the source documents for yourself. Which is really best because all you will learn from Narrating is what I think. You ought to decide what you think.

(I never just let things drop. If you're here working through your withdrawal, I can give you one last hit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment