Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Outdoors -- almost there

Yesterday, I heard the mockingbird singing for the first time this spring.
That's good, at least he is still around, and if he attracts a wife (females roam, males stay home), they will keep the squirrels in subjection.
I also saw the rabbit.
Last year's bunny is now a nice big rabbit.
Mockingbirds don't go after rabbits because rabbits don't climb trees and meddle with things that don't belong to them.
Squirrels do.
Some crocus near me have already bloomed.
My daffodils are coming up.
The forsythia can't be far behind.
And temps will be above freezing all 24 hours for the next 7 days.
There's just one more sign of spring I'm waiting for and I'll tell you what it is when it happens.
© Patricia Jo Heil, 2013-2018 All Rights  Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment