Sunday, November 21, 2021

Knitting -- heels with short rows again

 So I gave you two videos on German short rows for sock heels.

They were in my posts on toe-up socks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVVveGqrUCI

There were several links here.

Recently I found a short row sock heel that is not German short rows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZahZE4GREr0

You don't have to worry about the funny little stitches. 

You do have to do something special so all the wraps don't show on the outside.

When you do that, you create the gusset.

So here's a photo of a pink sock with my old favorite way of doing the heel,

alongside a photo of a sock with the short rows in the white yarn for the heel.

It was the first time I tried this. I still had holes where the heel and gusset join, and if I do this again, I'll try and follow the instructions better. But you may like it because it seems less fussy than my old stand-by pattern, and it works top down or bottom up.





No comments:

Post a Comment